We will Re-Open early/mid March.
Open for Long Distance Hikers with limited services.
Yield 1/2 potato per person unless they are really big or small potatoes.
- Vegetable oil or Lard
- Grated Cheese and Chives
- Grate Potatoes the night before or several hours before, cover with water, and refrigerate.
- Grease cookie sheet. Spread drained grated potatoes evenly across pan. The thicker the layer of potatoes the longer time needed to cook and crisp bottom.
- Dollop grease on potatoes. Cover potatoes with tin foil or pan lid, to keep steam inside
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. If you are cooking for 1-2 you may need less time.
- After 45 min, remove lid, this will help crisp up the potatoes on bottom.
- Add the cheese and chopped chives once the lid is removed.
- Bake for 15 more minutes, or until desired crispness is reached.
Enjoy right away. Potatoes don’t stay warm long, once out of the oven.